At SSF we do not offer advice to anyone who maybe suffering from mental illness on a professional level as we are not experts, we can only guide you to the many mental health organisations which are in place and have professionals who can offer you help.
Who to contact if you need urgent support in a crisis
• Call 999
• Go to your nearest Accident and Emergency department (A&E).
• NHS 111 has replaced NHS Direct. You can call 111 when you need medical help but it’s not a 999 emergency.
For non-emergency situations:
• Visit your GP
• Visit NHS Choices via http://www.nhs.uk/
Mental health helplines
Whether you're concerned about yourself or a loved one, these helplines can offer expert advice.
Charity providing support if you've been diagnosed with an anxiety condition.
• Phone: 08444 775 774 (Mon-Fri, 9.30am-5.30pm) • Website: www.anxietyuk.org.uk
A charity helping people living with manic depression or bipolar disorder.
• Website: www.bipolaruk.org.uk
CALM is the Campaign Against Living Miserably, for men aged 15-35.
• Website: www.thecalmzone.net
Charity for sufferers of depression. Has a network of self-help groups.
• Website: www.depressionalliance.org
Mental Health Foundation
Provides information and support for anyone with mental health problems or learning disabilities.
• Website: www.mentalhealth.org.uk
Promotes the views and needs of people with mental health problems.
• Phone: 0300 123 3393 (Mon-Fri, 9am-6pm)
• Website: www.mind.org.uk
Support for people with obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD). Includes information on treatment and online resources.
• Phone: 0845 390 6232 (Mon-Fri, 9.30am-5pm)
• Website: www.ocdaction.org.uk
A charity run by people with OCD, for people with OCD. Includes facts, news and treatments.
• Phone: 0845 120 3778 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm)
• Website: www.ocduk.org
Voluntary charity offering support for sufferers of panic attacks and OCD. Offers a course to help overcome your phobia/OCD. Includes a helpline.
• Phone: 0844 967 4848 (daily, 10am-10pm)
• Website: www.nopanic.org.uk
Rethink Mental Illness
Support and advice for people living with mental illness.
• Phone: 0300 5000 927 (Mon-Fri, 10am-2pm)
• Website: www.rethink.org
Confidential support for people experiencing feelings of distress or despair.
Phone: 116 123 (free 24-hour helpline)
• Website: www.samaritans.org.uk
Charity offering support and carrying out research into mental illness.
Phone: 0845 767 8000 (daily, 6-11pm)
• SANEmail email: email@example.com
• Website: www.sane.org.uk
Information on child and adolescent mental health. Services for parents and professionals.
• Phone: Parents' helpline 0808 802 5544 (Mon-Fri, 9.30am-4pm)
• Website: www.youngminds.org.uk
Maytree - Sanctuary for the Suicidal
• Website: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: 020 7263 7070
Young suicide prevention society
• Phone: HOPELINEUK 0800 068 4141 (Mon-Fri,10am-10pm, Weekends & Bank holidays 2pm-10pm.)
• Website: www.papyrus-uk.org